Knightsbridge Schools International are dedicated to creating a world of opportunities for learners around the globe. We are committed to inquiry based teaching and learning. KSI seeks teachers who are passionate learners and who wish to continually develop their professional skills to the highest possible level. In return for this commitment, KSI will provide an environment in which professionalism is valued and recognised.
A list of vacancies are displayed below. If you are interested in working with us and there are no vacancies matching your skills, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
GAP Year/ Intern: Boarding & Teaching Assistant (10 months) - Montenegro
Start Date: August 2022
KSI Montenegro is looking for an enthusiastic and committed intern to become an integral part of our school community. You will live and breathe KSI and demonstrate the confidence to take on new roles and challenges in a small but growing school. The role of the Gap Year student/ intern is to assist in teaching our PYP programme, and support the running of the boarding house with the Head of School and Boarding Matron.
You will be required to assist in classroom instruction and act as a teaching intern for a portion of your weekly schedule.
- Assist classroom teachers in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialised tasks
- Help plan daily and long-range lessons and classroom activities
- Conduct learning exercises with small groups of students
- Alert colleagues to special needs of individual students e.g. reading
- Provide escort and assistance to children as necessary
- Collect and display suitable material for educational displays: prepare displays and decorate classrooms
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, and facilities
- Help maintain order in the classroom; monitor students.
Full board (whilst Boarders are on site) and accommodation will be provided in the role and you will be expected to assist the Head of Boarding and Boarding Matron (on a rota basis) which will typically include 2 evenings per week and one day, during two weekends per month.
From time to time you may be asked to:
- Run an extra curricular activity one day a week, after school for one hour in an area that interests you
- Carry out break duties
- Supervise a class for absent staff occasionally