KSI Montenegro is proud to launch the KSI Scholarship Challenge 2018/19!
KSI is seeking talented students to award a full scholarship and board to the first IB Boarding School in Montenegro, Tivat, beginning in September 2018, through to the completion of their secondary education.
To be eligible, students must be new to school, demonstrate overall excellence and must be entering Years 10, 11 or 12 (Grades 9, 10 or 11) in September 2018. The Scholarship aims to help exceptional students benefit from the unique IB education.
Scholarships will be awarded to outstanding students wanting to study the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP). Students must demonstrate excellent intellectual qualities, active participation in extra-curricular activities, positive personal qualities and strong communication skills.
Successful scholarship students will receive 100% off tuition and boarding fees. They are required to pay the following:
- Transportation to school
- Examination fees
- School trip fees
- School uniform cost
- Lunch in school
- Boarding activities
- After School Activities
To apply for the Scholarship Challenge please submit the following:
- Completed Scholarship Application Form
- A copy of proof of identity documents (e.g. passport, birth certificate)
- Personal Statement (400 words describing a significant experience that you have had, and evaluate its impact on you)
- Copies of school reports that demonstrate the student’s high academic performance over the last three years
- Recommendation from a teacher/principal at the school the student currently attends
The final deadline for submitting applications is Friday June 15th 2018.
Applications can be sent by post or email:
Attn: Admissions Office
The decision process for reviewing applications is made by the School Director and the KSI Head Office Academic Board.
1. Short listing: Candidates are shortlisted by the KSI Montenegro School Director & Head Office Academic Board.
2. Interviews & Assessment: Shortlisted candidates are invited to visit the school, take part in activities, assessment tests and interviews with key members of staff. Parents should accompany their child on this visit as they will be required to meet with the Head of School.
3. Final Decision: A final decision as to those selected for entry into the KSI Scholarship Programme shall be made by the KSI Academic Subcommittee (ASC). The ASC is made up of prominent educators on the KSI Global Board of Directors.
1. Student embodiment of the KSI values
The ASC will review the application forms of all candidates to judge how well they embody the KSI values, code and ethos. KSIM is looking to offer scholarships to students who will thrive in the KSI community and enjoy developing as global citizens in a holistic environment.
2. Potential to succeed in IB Diploma Programme
KSIM looks to support students to be all they can be. The ASC will review the student’s past academic results, language proficiency, application, interview notes and KSI test results to decide if the student will be able to successfully engage in the IB Diploma Programme. KSIM strives to offer scholarships to students who will most benefit from the programme and will support them in matriculating to their choice of tertiary education establishment.